Wednesday, April 10, 2013

April 2013 Ipsy Bag




I got this months bag really early.  I usually get it around 17th of every month.  So when it showed up on my mail box on the 9th I was really surprised, happy, but surprised!  This months bag theme is Pretty In Pink.  All the items in the bag were some type of pink, except the hair product.  There were only 4 products in this bag, which was totally fine with me because I was actually really happy with this one!




Now onto the bag.  The outside of the bag is white with a hot pink zipper, the inside is really pretty.  Striped white and pink with "Ipsy... beauty by you" printed inside.  I've noticed that lately they've been doing a lot of bags with a printed lining.  They are usually really pretty, but I really wish they would keep the prints on the outside.  I also think that white is not the best choice for a makeup bag.  It is gonna get dirty quick.  


I have been subscribed to Ipsy for a year now, and this is the first time that I've gotten everything I wanted in my bag.  My bag had a Sation Nail Lacquer in Love At First Byte, Mica Beauty Cosmetics Shimmer Powder in Earth, Big Sexy Hair Powder Play, & Be A Bombshell Cosmetics Blush in Beach Please.


The only somewhat disappointing item in the bag was the nail polish.  It is such a beautiful shade, but even after three coats it was still very sheer.  I'm not sure if I have the patience to put on enough coats for it to look anything like the bottle.  We'll see.




The Mica Beauty Cosmetics Shimmer Powder in Earth is a beautiful highlight color, that I'm sure will work great with many skin tones.  This was an OR item, meaning that you'd either get this or another item.  The other item was an eyeshadow duo, which I wasn't really interested in.  I have plenty of eyeshadows, but I definitely need more highlighters.   I think that this would also look amazing as an eyeshadow, especially in the inner corners.

 

Another OR item in this months bag was two different Sexy Hair products.  I'm not really sure what the other one was, but I was more interested in The Powder Play, which is a volumizing & texturizing powder.  When I touched this I expected it to just be a powder, but once I rubbed it between my fingers it had a really weird texture.  Kind of like a moist feeling, I'm not really sure how to explain it.  I'm really excited to use this!  I have long hair, and a lot of it, but it's flat, so I'm so glad I got this!



The Be A Bombshell Cosmetics Blush in Beach Please is a beautiful blush for springtime.  This months bag offered two different blush shades.  Everyone has been asking Ipsy for a blush for months.  After waiting for a few months they have finally come through!  They did good.  I'm excited to use this for the warmer months.  

Overall this bag was really great.  I was planning on canceling after this month, but after putting together such a great bag I have decided to stay subscribed.  I really hope Ipsy keeps this up.

Thanks for reading.
xo











No comments:

Post a Comment